Thursday, July 29, 2010

We have a name!

I have some updating to do on the triplets. First of all, Clay and I finally came up with a first name for Triplet C. He is Oliver! We are still working on a middle name. It has been a challenge coming up with names that all sound good together and that we love. We finally have though. Whew...what a relief!

The babies are doing really well. So far there have been no signs of twin-to-twin transfusion. They check for this by ultrasound and make sure that one of the identical twins (Elliott and Tucker) doesn't have excess fluid around his heart and kidneys. They also check the blood flow in the umbilical cord. So far, so good. At these appointments my cervix is also checked. Right now everything looks great. In addition to our ultrasounds every other week, a preterm labor nurse calls every week to check on me. She calls to ask a series of questions making sure I am not having any signs of preterm labor.

I have been doing really well. I only get sick one or two times a week now which is much better than the 2 to 4 times a day that I was experiencing the first trimester. In the past week my energy level has greatly diminished. I am now seeing the differences between a singleton pregnancy and a triplet pregnancy. The littlest things wipe me out which makes me feel like a big baby, but I have to listen to my body to protect these little guys. My mom is coming in town next week to start helping out with Harris and everything else. Our priority is keeping life as normal as possible for Harris, so it is really nice that she will be here before I am on bed rest to see how our days usually go. We are really fortunate to have so many friends and family members who are willing to help us in so many ways.

We all of that being said, here are the long awaited pregnancy photos that some of you have requested. Please just remember there are three little babies in there! I know I am big for how far I am, but I am normal for a triplet mommy. Crazy!!!



Week 10



Week 13



Week 20



Week 21

2 comments:

Winter Wonderland said...

You look GREAT!!! I'm so glad the little guys are growing and healthy. You take care of yourself! We love you all!

The Kirkbrides said...

Great post! I love the boys' names, adorable :) And sooo glad everything is going well for you and the babes. Can't wait to see you guys!