Sunday, March 1, 2009

Cousins!!!



















Clay, Harris, and I flew to Tennessee last weekend to meet the newest addition to the family.....Ensley! When we got to Tennessee, DeeDee and G-dad were there to pick us up, but we were shocked to see that Ashley and Ensley were also there to greet us. What a treat! Ensley is an absolutely beautiful baby. Ashley is now on my bad list because not only was her labor much, much shorter than mine, but she also apparently has an "angel" baby. (That is a term used in the book The Baby Whisperer and according to the book, Harris was NOT an "angel" baby. What does that lady know?!?) She really is a great newborn....very mild tempered and happy. Seriously, I think she only cried a total of 15 minutes the entire time we were there! Philip and Ashely are doing so well and are truly, truly happy. Seeing Harris and Ensley together was so neat. Although they are not really aware of each other right now, I couldn't help but imagine the fun they will have in the years to come. Disney World, tag, Santa, trips to Texas, and many, many adventures of which I am sure I cannot even fathom. I also can envision a little tattling, tears, and tantrums, but won't dwell on those. I hope that they will be great friends as they grow up and have a special relationship like Clay and Ashley are fortunate to have with their cousins. We had a fantastic time in Tennessee and are so thankful we were able to meet Ensley. We are already counting down the days until we see the Baker family again!

2 comments:

Winter Wonderland said...

I'm so glad you guys had a good time. I love the pictures. Harris is getting so big and I can't wait to see Ensley for myself.

the higgins family said...

ensley is so, so, so cute....she even LOOKS peaceful. HARRIS makes me smile like none other! his hair is fabulous! love it! cannot believe how much he's grown since jan!