Thursday, March 26, 2009

The Donald Trump Do is Gone....Sianara!

Harris has had a full head of hair since day one. His hair was dark, dark brown at birth and has lightened a bit in his ripe old age of 7 months. As he has grown his hair has also grown. The hair on the top of his head continued to grow and grow while the hair on the sides thinned out and new, lighter, shorter hair grew in. This process resulted in a Donald Trump comb-over. Lovely! The come-over had gotten so long that we could tuck it behind Harris' ear. I have absolutely loved his hair and could not imagine him without it. To be honest, it made me sad to think of his first haircut. I think the real reason it made me sad is because it makes me realize how quickly he is growing up and how soon my baby will be a toddler, and then my toddler will be a little boy. If only I could stop time for a little while! Recently though, Harris' hair had become out of control! Brushing......nothing! Wetting it......nothing! He was our woodsy wild man! Clay and I came to the conclusion it was time to give in and cut it, we had resisted long enough.

Last Sunday we went to Lil Clippers for Harris' very 1st haircut. He was seated in a yellow convertible VW bug for the cut. He sat down and grabbed ahold of the steering wheel like he was a seasoned driver. (When the time for driving does come, let's just hope he doesn't take after his father.) The woman cutting his hair lacked a bit in the personality department, but did a good job cutting his hair. I had to look away a few time because I was a bit concerned that she would stab Harris in the forehead with her scissors, but thankfully she didn't. We are glad we finally got his haircut, but a little sad because the day came too quickly!!!

3 comments:

Winter Wonderland said...

He looks so handsome!!

terrye wilkes said...

LOVE the new do. Looking forward to seeing it in person.

the higgins family said...

he is so cute! love the hair cut!

glad to see my mom commenting on your blog. i know that feels good.