Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Miss you like a turkey bird!!!

Clay left our house at 3:45 this morning and won't be back until Friday. He had to go to Washington D.C. for a meeting of some sort. So Harris and I are just kicking here on the home front. I still remember the first time Clay ever had to travel for work. We were living in Houston and hadn't been married very long at all. I think he was only gone for one night, but you would have thought he was leaving for a month. When he got home from his trip the first words he said to me were, "I missed you like a turkey bird!" WHAT??? Yeah.....I had absolutely no idea what that meant. He just said it was something his family always said when you really missed someone. I still don't really understand what a turkey has anything to do with missing somebody, but I too have learned to use this expression.

So Clay, Harris and I miss you like a turkey bird!!!

2 comments:

the higgins family said...

love this post! we miss YOU like turkey bird. wish we lived closer! xoxoxo

Winter Wonderland said...

Those Cohorns have the weirdest sayings...the bad thing is, they are too catchy! ;) I'm with Betsy...we miss you all like a turkey bird and can't wait to see you soon.