Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Uncle Kyle and and a little bit o' totchos!



Well Harris' Uncle Kyle came to visit a couple of weeks ago. He flew into Seattle and then took the train into Portland. It was so nice that he made such an effort to get here just to meet his nephew. Maybe he wanted to see us a little too! Anyway, it was such a nice visit. We went to the Japanese and Rose Gardens, which were beautiful this time of year. We also played a little Donkey Kong Country for old times sake. We really kick some booty! Kyle is a natural with babies. He jumped right in for bath time, feedings, and just goofing off. I did notice however, that there was no jumping in when it came for diaper changes. What's up with that??? Clay and I were also able to take Kyle for one of our Portland favorites.....totchos! You may be thinking, "Totchos? What are totchos?" Well my little friends, they are tater tot nachos. That's right! Tater tots smoothered in cheese, tomatoes, sour cream, jalapenos, and whatever other goodness you can think of! It sounds a little bizarre, but they are truly delicious. Eating them doesn't help with losing the baby weight, but it's totally worth it! Needless to say, Kyle truly enjoyed his first of many totcho experiences! It was a short trip for Kyle and we hated to see him go, but it sure was great having him here. Now I just need to convince him to move to Portland.....and to the rest of you, you have an open invitation to come for totchos any time! :)

3 comments:

the higgins family said...

I arrive tonight at 7...I want to be eating totchos by 7:05.

Winter Wonderland said...

I'll go for some totchos too!! I'm glad that Kyle was able to come. I can't wait to meet the little guy myself.

DeeDee Cohorn said...

Count me in on the totchos also! That can be one of our Thanksgiving treats! Such good pictures of Kyle and Harris! I love you.....